Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe
This Cream of Asparagus Soup is a delicious way to get all the amazing health benefits of asparagus. If you have read our article on the healing properties of asparagus, then you know how important it is to incorporate this vegetable into your diet on a regular basis. (You can read the article Here) This soup is quick and easy to make, a great choice for those who may not particularly like the taste of asparagus and a great way to get some variety out of a repeat vegetable. It’s especially delightful in the fall and winter months to cozy up with a nice, hot, soothing and healthy blended soup. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
Ingredients of Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds green asparagus
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 to 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
How to Prepare Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Chop onion and cook in 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces and add to the pot. Salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender until smooth, transferring to a bowl (use caution when blending hot liquids), and return to pot.
- Stir in coconut cream, then add more broth to thin the soup to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy.
Enjoy this Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe!
Also, this is best shared with family and friends! And become healthy together!
Subscribe below for monthly coupons and blog posts. Like and follow us on Facebook.