Posted : October 31, 2017 By : Hope Epert
Asparagus contains the highest levels of an amazing phytochemical called Glutathione. This phytochemical is unmatched in its power to detoxify the body. It is for this reason that it is boasted as the single most powerful cancer fighting food known.
The US National Cancer Institute reports that asparagus contains the most glutathione of all tested foods. Glutathione is a small protein composed of three amino acids that bind to fat soluble toxins. It is considered one of the body’s most potent anti-carcinogens and antioxidants and it is also the primary ingredient necessary for phase 2 enzyme which is the liver’s main channel for detoxification. Researchers at the Institute of Cancer Prevention have found asparagus to be potentially effective in preventing cancer as well.
Case Histories using the Asparagus Treatment
The following information is taken from `Asparagus for cancer’ printed in Cancer News Journal, December 1979, in which a veteran biochemist discusses the discovery of Richard R. Vensal, D.D.S. that asparagus might cure cancer.
Case No. 1 , A man with an almost hopeless case of Hodgkin’s disease (cancer of the lymph glands) who was completely incapacitated – Within 1 year of starting the asparagus therapy his doctors were unable to detect any signs of cancer, and he was back on a schedule of strenuous exercise.
Case No. 2, A successful businessman 68 years old who suffered from cancer of the bladder for 16 years – After years of medical treatments, including radiation without improvement, he went on asparagus. Within 3 months, examinations revealed that his bladder tumor had disappeared and that his kidneys were normal.
Case No. 3, A man who had lung cancer – On March 5th 1971, he was put on the operating table where they found lung cancer so widely spread that it was inoperable. The surgeon sewed him up and declared his case hopeless. On April 5th he heard about the asparagus therapy and immediately started taking it.By August, x-ray pictures revealed that all signs of the cancer had disappeared.. He is back at his regular business routine.
Case No. 4 – A woman who was troubled for a number of years with skin cancer -She finally developed different skin cancers which were diagnosed by a skin specialist as advanced.. Within 3 months after starting on asparagus, her skin specialist said that her skin looked fine and no more skin lesions. This woman reported that the asparagus therapy also cure her kidney disease, which started in 1949. She had over 10 operations for kidney stones, and was receiving government disability payments for an inoperable, terminal, kidney condition. She attributes the cure of this kidney trouble entirely to the asparagus.
Anecdotal Testimonies of the Asparagus Cure
Lung cancer – The biochemist’s mom had been taking the full-stalk canned style asparagus that she pureed and she took 4 Tbsps. in the morning and 4 Tbsps. later in the day. She did this for over a month. She is on chemo pills for Stage 3 lung cancer in the pleural area and her cancer cell count went from 386 down to 125 as of this past week. Her oncologist said she does not need to see him for 3 months.
Old Remedy for Kidney stones – `The elements of material medica’, edited in 1854 by a Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, stated that asparagus was used as a popular remedy for kidney stones. He even referred to experiments, in 1739, on the power of asparagus in dissolving stones. However, asparagus is only good to use against uric acid stones (formed when urine is too acidic. Additionally, avoid foods rich in oxalic acid that lead to the formation of uric acid stones E.g. spinach, rhubarb, beets, chocolate and green tea and eat foods that help to bring urine to a more acceptable and less problematic alkaline cherries, strawberries, apples and apple juice). Asparagus will actually worsen stones that are formed when urine is too alkaline.
The Many Other Health Benefits of Asparagus:
- Mercury detoxification—treatment for Alzheimer’s, autism, chronic fatigue and many other heavy metal toxicity ailments
- It is high in vitamin K and Folate
- Eat when pregnant or trying to conceive – because it is high in folic acid it helps prevent birth defects such as spina bifida
- Great for your heart
- Helps with fertility problems
- Great for your gastrointestinal tract and your colon
- Helps menstrual cramps and PMS
- Great food to help treat depression
- Has been known to increase the success rate of chemotherapy
- Considered a diuretic which means it is a good anti-inflammatory and it contains compounds called steroidal glycosides – best for arthritis, asthma rheumatism, and even water retention.
- Helps get rid of warts
- Helps detoxify your body
- Lower cholesterol
- Great for nursing mothers stimulating milk production
- Has antioxidant agents – prevents the effects of aging
- Has anti-fungal and antiviral qualities
- Great for your kidneys – cleansing your body by stimulating urination and preventing kidney stones
- Helps prevent bladder and urinary tract infections
- Aphrodisiac – increase sexual and comforting feelings
- Helps with treating HIV
- Helps prevent multiple sclerosis
- Helps prevent scurvy
- Anti-cancer agents – especially lung cancer
- Helps fight chronic fatigue syndrome
- Helps fight off high blood pressure
- If you bruise easily – eat more asparagus
- Eat an asparagus if you have diarrhea or constipation
- Great for your capillaries – eat more asparagus to avoid varicose veins
- Great for your eyes preventing cataracts
- If you are experiencing hair loss- eat more asparagus
- Helps treat toothaches.
- Stimulates insulin secretion, which may provide new opportunities for the treatment of diabetes.