Cream of Asparagus Soup
This Cream of Asparagus Soup is a delicious way to get all the amazing health benefits of asparagus. If you’ve read our article on the healing properties of asparagus, then you know how important it is to incorporate this vegetable into your diet on a regular basis. (You can read the article Here) This soup is quick and easy to make, a great choice for those who may not particularly like the taste of asparagus and a great way to get some variety out of repeat vegetable. It’s especially delightful in the fall and winter months to cozy up with a nice, hot, soothing and healthy blended soup. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do. Let us know in the comments below and connect with us on Facebook.
- 2 pounds green asparagus
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 to 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook onion in 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a 4-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add asparagus pieces and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add 5 cups broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender until smooth, transferring to a bowl (use caution when blending hot liquids), and return to pan.
- Stir in coconut cream, then add more broth to thin soup to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy.