COLOSTRUM FOR GUT HEALTH
Hippocrates, the father of medicine stated, “all disease begins in the gut”. Almost every component of our general well-being links to the gut. Eighty percent of the immune system is wrapped around the intestines. If the gut cannot do its job properly, we cannot receive all the nutrients from our food and we become malnourished. This has become a widespread problem with the increase in processed and chemically treated foods. Even those who eat a clean and healthy diet may still suffer from malabsorption if there is damage to the intestinal tract. This damage can adversely affect many other body systems and lead to a host of physical, mental and emotional disruptions.
Symptoms of a damaged intestinal tract include:
- Depression, anxiety, ADHD
- Autoimmune disorders like hashimoto’s, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes
- Skin conditions like acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis
- Constipation, diarrhea, IBS, IBD and leaky gut
- Adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism
- Frequent colds, food sensitivity, headaches, brain fog
Growth factors in colostrum help repair damage to the intestinal lining. It also encourages the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut which are essential in the breakdown of food into digestible nutrients. To find out more about gut health and how colostrum can help heal and replenish a damaged gut, download our free eBook below.