Written by: BodyBoost Posted : January 19, 2017
5 minute Smoothie for Nutrition on the go
I love breakfast smoothies because they are so quick to make and so packed with nutrition. I love the boost in energy it gives me in the morning. Sometimes I get tired of coming up with healthy meals to cook and I really love the convenience of throwing a few fruits and vegetable in the blender and starting my day without any fuss of cooking.
I love this smoothie because of the chelating power of cilantro. Chelation means “to grab” or “to bind”, to heavy metals expelling them from the body. The removal of metals that have built up in the body can lend to a rejuvenated heart and blood vessels, improved liver and kidney function, increased blood flow to the brain, and more. Some practitioners claim that chelation therapy can successfully treat such disorders as peripheral vascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, autism and other serious medical problems. That’s enough reasons for me to want to add this super food to as many recipes as I can. Let the chelation begin.
- One orange (peel the outer orange leaving as much of the white inner layer as possible… that’s where lots of the nutrients are)
- 1/4-1/2 cucumber (with peel on…again for maximum nutritional benefit)
- A few sprigs of cilantro (stem and leaves)
- Add a little water and blend
- Oranges are high in vitamin C, B and A and a good source of fiber
- Cucumber is high in fiber, vitamin K (osteoporosis & Alzheimer’s), potassium and anti-oxidants. helps lower blood pressure and protects against colon cancer.
- Cilantro is a heavy metal chelator which is beneficial for the heart, kidneys, brain and any disorder caused by heavy metal toxicity.
Add in whatever powder supplements you incorporate into your diet. My picks are:
- 1-2TBS BodyBoost Colostrum-Immune System
- 1-2TBS Collagen Peptides-Protein Powder
- 1tsp Maca Powder-Hormone regulator